so i decide to have another go at bitcoin*. The seo is an interesting change from before and i get the basic client, which i run and now tells me i am 270 weeks behind. That last message is godsend as before the client did not tell what it was doing before as i got pissed off with what ever the fuck is was doing .
- day 1 – i am 270 weeks behind
- second day and 7.5 gb of bandwidth its 90 weeks. I switch to the daemon rather than the gui that has the same features as the daemon.
- third day used 10 gb’s and i be down to 52 weeks.
- forth day used 9.8 gb’s oh and 41 weeks leff
Still have not generated a coin yet. So that;s 27gb used in bandwidth, and 8gb in disk space
Next attempt after a day or two in the same month i am thinking my quota (my blog) is not enough in the month.
- day five begin at 41 weeks, with 4gb bandwidth used carried over** from day 4, and another 4.3gb used for an evening session 17:00-02:00 (so 8.3gb used but down to 38 weeks
- day six used 2 gb’s and it be down to 36 weeks for a seven hour session.
- day seven used 2 gb’s 34 weeks left in a six hour session
- day eight used 3 gb’s and 28 weeks left in a six hour session with 13gb in disk space
- day nine is the last day of the month i have uploaded 4.426 gb and have 2gb left, with 25 weeks left
Day 9 i had used 46 gb in quota in total and was also interesting for this http probe.
http://ipaddress/.bitcoin: 1 Time(s) http://ip address/.bitcoin/bitcoin.conf: 1 Time(s) http://ip address/.bitcoin/wallet.dat: 1 Time(s)
That did not succeed for isolation – but there are people monitoring this stuff. Bulgaria when i looked at the right file. And i saw the host again when the wallet was sync’ed with the additional url’s in a web server probe. I blackholed them (my blog)
[Thu Jan 30 11:23:03 2014] [error] client 22.214.171.124] File does not exist: /var/www/location/.bitcoin whois 126.96.36.199 % This is the RIPE Database query service. % The objects are in RPSL format. % Information related to '188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206' % Abuse contact for '220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168' is 'email@example.com' inetnum: 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199 netname: QHOSTER-BNK-DE-20131126 descr: IP Space for dedicated servers country: DE admin-c: NK1916-RIPE tech-c: NK1916-RIPE status: ASSIGNED PA mnt-by: MNT-BNK remarks: T#584446 source: RIPE # Filtered person: Nikolay Kolev address: QHoster Ltd address: 27 Nikola D. Petkov Str. address: BG-5400 Sevlievo address: Bulgaria phone: +359-898-547122 nic-hdl: NK1916-RIPE source: RIPE # Filtered mnt-by: MNT-BNK % Information related to '188.8.131.52/21AS29141' route: 184.108.40.206/21 descr: Routed by AS29141 remarks: ########################################### remarks: In case of abuse, please send an e-mail to remarks: firstname.lastname@example.org remarks: ########################################### origin: AS29141 mnt-by: MNT-BNK source: RIPE # Filtered
In the next month i had the chance to automate bitcoin on a schedule
- day 10, 24 weeks (minus 1 week) left, short session for testing automation download 1.5 gb
- day 11, cron scheduling begins 20 weeks left 3.8 download gb
- day 12, 17 weeks left, 15gb disk space used, 3.4 download gb
- day 13 15 weeks left download 1.7 gb
- day 14 12 weeks left download 5.2 gb
- day 15 10 weeks left download 1.6gb
- day 16 9 weeks left disk space used 17gb , download
- day 17 7 weeks left, download 2.6 gb
- day 18 scheduled job reduced to a hour per day [quota issue] 7 weeks left download 0.9 gb
- day 19 6 weeks left, download 0.6 gb
- day 20, 5 weeks left, 18 gb disk space used, 0.7 gb download
- day 21 5 weeks left, 2.1 gb download adjusted running time schedule
- day 22 4 weeks left, 0.5 gb downloaded
- day 23 2 weeks left 1 gb download
- 24 0 weeks – 79gb for transaction history, and 6 gb up over 24 days in two months
- your not going do this on a smartphone, disk space, quotas erc
- weekdays are bad for people sharing transactional data
- wheezy (my blog) does not support mining*, however i now have a bitcoin wallet (empty) so send me stuff to bitcoin:1C4dU4sng7CgGU5T3jS8km4uZJWieLN6JU?label=1fx67098 if you want although i am not promising zoo autographs from the monkey house.
One day i am going to get the right conditions to ‘get’ and use bitcoin. However its an interesting look at how a currency might work. A least i have a purse now.
A chart of the data from above.
Bitcoin is an interesting althought it being flat currency has issues to be read about here, here (both my blog non fiction) with flat aspect although those are just two books where the manipulation of money has issues for the users and supposedly rulers. A non fiction read discussing that sort of thing can be found in James Blish’es book cities in flight [isbn: 1857988116] although it is also a bit heavy going and numerous in pages as well.
Btc also solves some problems, but creates others – attempted bank jobs [seen above at 80 220.127.116.11] and openness who the right wing perceive organizations like the federal reserve as wrong, despite Nixon stealing the ideas of the Populist movement, who both r and d parties stole us democratic elections from.
I think this stuff has a future but has a number of minus points.
I the meantime i managed to compile cgminer on wheezy (my blog) and after using wiki links opposed to forum posts i was able to ./configure and do stuff. I have no idea if it will work but that is for next months adventures when i have ‘spare’ quota.
Plently of fun to be had.
* wrong c libraries in debian (ubuntu is ok) – a question of connection speed, then limited by a quota on upgrade and non communicative bitcoin software as to what is is doing or not doing. ** quota reports are daily,