The alpha ape in the monkey house has discovered netflix, or not that netflix exists but is able to access it on a television (my blog). I was told to set up a months free trail and did so on a computer, before doing the simple login stuff on the pc.
Netflix works on a television and i had a look at its content.
I make these quick observations
- channel four – that’s british and known for stuff like the inbetweeners* is duplicated from 4od streaming although 4od is extremly rubbish
- japanese anime like this (my blog) is duplicated too
- quite a few films have already been seen on tv like this (my blog)
- There is a huge load of scientology ** and ilk (my blog) stars and a minus point imho
- Spongebob (my blog) is available too
- Being fair to netflix some films i have not seen are available.
- original content looks good
So a fair amount of duplication if you look hard enough to find alternatives for free.
The japanese anime selection did not impress me, don’t expect j-dramas (my blog) but if you lazy stuff like this (my blog) is available without getting a dvd which makes netflix a cheaper option for me as a dvd costs £ 3 to hire locally.
OK yes i am being a bit snobby with my japan influence and comparing bananas with sushi athough its a place to compare stuff from.
There are some interesting mass market missing in action things say Nolans dark knight (my blog) films. Although the copyright lobby are also a player in trying to make netflix a non option.
We might also need to upgrade our download cap on our broadband. If you donit change the playback settings this might be problem – i have set ours on medium.
I could theoretically break even on netflix by seeing two films month however since i am not a big film viewer and have concerns over what i see i am doubting it will be kept..
* not seen ** scientologists and loony christians (my blog) should not be encouraged with viewings that make a business case for films.