I use debian (my blog) and with version ten out called buster i offered the monkey houses stretch* pc to upgrade it via apt dist-upgrade Three hours later i am typing this on itin debian ten.
Being a simple pc opposed to a server not too may hiccups
- virtualbox [oracle crap]’ has no buster repository
- minissdp wanted attention – not that i knew what minissdp does i ignored it
- /etc/defaults/networking was updated [prompted] i kept my file
- /etc/ssh/ssh_config [prompted] i kept my file
kde works from a brief exploration
Some issues which i discovered and may be user [me] issues
- ipv6 by default [no ipv4] until i edited my /etc/network/interfaces file which looks like its been through an exorcism since i have being doing a lot of iov6 work recently.
- bluetooth sound is controlled via the sounds app in kde on the applications tab so codecs works,
- cups/ipp needs some help
It took half an hour to download and 2 and a bit hours to extract but this also during dinner in the monkey house so some prompts might have been ignored while the tribe ate its bananas.
Being a SIMPLE pc everything worked opposed to server changes so as a first look on a basic pc no issues.
I have client tls 1.3 support from openssl so tle 1.3 seems to be finally here.
*the old version 9