Bananas likes to collect data for blocking be dmarc rejects and even lists of bad ranges so i decided to collect data and pass it on that spammers and probers made without me – seems only fair to pass it on to a wider audience.
The attempt was a bit botched and confusing with api keys and email. I also wanted reports and so i had an hour of woe and really odd error messages, i even had to adjust postfix to let it send email out rather than just be a local affair on our internal instance.
The site needed config details and once you have ‘servers’ things it kind of make more sense. The client software is horrible and they suggest reconfiguring it there way rather than adapting what i know works. That probably did not help but it is good to know how it works rather than have it working and consider it magical or religious with ‘faith’.
In the end i gave up with .local config files and made backups and put the revised files where the debian os put them – it probably makes nightmares for me down the road** but it sent mail.
Api keys are confusing there are two – each ‘server’ has a unique key* and a user has a key (five digits) of which one exists that is api key the config files appear to like rather than the per server thing in this regard i am just a submitter of data.
The action for blocklist_de i did not use but I kept my existing email report, whether that sends via an http(s) api rather than email was something i never quite got figured out although the log file had some interesting stuff in for a change.
Email reporting appears to work for me as well as well as the blocklist and once i provided postfix with a gateway setting [not needed until now] mail was routed rather than remain undelivered. Oddly most of the ssh attempts we usually get appear to have dried up after all its good to tell the probers as to how there data will be shared.
It appears setup – time will tell if it makes a difference.
*remember the zoo has four domains **time for dpkg.dist files