You know those small images that used to be by the website name, animated gifs seem to have been broken by the browsers and one zoo website had a ‘broken’ ico file. How that happened is open to speculation.
So i got tasked to fix something that might be deemed a new feature. Not that it appears to be deemed html and as i do not really keep up to date since html5 is still the latest and greatest. But it seems that ico images have become strangley like one side of the tribe you dont share a banana with.
You want a xml file to tell microcrap windows 8 and 10 what file to show ? Sure not a fucking pain in the arse.
Apple wants svg and a html header or two and the image file size is getting bigger and bigger over time well they are apple.
Andriod has its own way of doing the same shit and would also love a manifest file for my html. It works so it looks ok and that will do. Its a page of html not an app but thats the google way i bet these (my blog do not work.
Microsoft hence forward microcrap got a 2mb file as an ico to show on a desktop because by the time i got round to there fucked up way of thinking and xml (no problem) seemed to be happy with that and i could not give a shit that the file was huge so i left it.
I am kind of amused how a 318 byte icon file turned into a 2mb file and microcrap seem happy with that.(microsoft files where intentionally left that way)
Oh well at least i had an entertaining hour, if anybody from microsoft wants to see me throw poo at them i am very willing to do it if want to visit the zoo.
As to where that leaves html as a markup you please telll me below.